- Cashews are high in muscle fueling carbs. They also contain copper which facilitates energy from the carbs in your cells. Bonus is they contain more immunity boosting zinc and iron that most other nuts.
- Walnuts happen to be a good source of Melatonin which is the sleep hormone. As we get older many of us need extra Melatonin. Walnuts also play a role in lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Almonds have lots of hunger curbing fiber along with vitamins B and E.
- Pistachios are good for anyone especially those watching their cholesterol and they are rich in phytosterols which are compounds shown to help lower your LDL or bad cholesterol. They are also rich in lutein which is linked to improving your eyesight.
- Peanuts provide a good source of protein and surprisingly more antioxidants that green tea or red wine.
I happen to love nuts of all kinds and the fact that in moderation they are good for you doesn't hurt my feeling at all.