Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Spinal Stenosis Reversal Information

I have been a type 2 diabetic for over 10 years now. I consider it a gift from God that I have no trace of verifiable Neuropathy. Recently however I had some possible warning signs and took the steps to check it out. For the past 4 years, I have been pretty faithful at walking almost every single day for 1.5 to 3 miles on average. In addition I have done stretches, abdominal core strengthening exercises, push ups, climbing stairs two at a time workouts etc.

Very recently while walking I started having episodes of my right leg calf muscles seizing up while walking. This occurred mainly while walking briskly. It became very difficult if not impossible to continue my normal routine of walking. My right foot also began to have pin prick type pain around the right side of my foot and occasional numbness in the ball of my right foot. On the other hand on a flat surface such as walking in a shopping mall, I am able to stroll around at a slower pace for up to 45 mins at a time while not taking any breaks without the calf muscles tightening. This allows me to get some walking in without pain and yet burn some calories and derive some positive benefit in the process.

I had an upcoming diabetes routine exam at the Joslin Clinic and passed the thin wire touching exam on both feet which gave me piece of mind. Prior to this my chiropractor had ordered an ultra sound exam of my entire right leg and foot to rule out a blood clot. That test was also negative.

Back on 2008 or 2009 approximately I suffered through a few months of very severe sciatica and pain again down the right leg and lower back. The problem stemmed from inflammation in the L4, L5 and S1 area of my back. I had two nerve block shots at that time and have lived pretty much pain free since then until the recent problem with the right calf.

The MRI and subsequent lower back X-rays revealed some stenosis in my lower back which is likely restricting blood flow down the right leg causing the seizing up of the calf muscles. The left side is pretty normal, however there is definitely narrowing in the right side which could be slightly pinching a nerve and or restricting blood flow.

Surgery is an option along with 1 or maybe 2 nerve block shots. My wife and I do ministry work in Ireland every year and with an upcoming trip planned for 7 weeks, I choose not to avail myself of either option prior to the trip.

I have said all of that.....................to say THIS!

I don't want to be stupid about my future health and recognize that without any treatment or change of diet etc. the stenosis will likely keep progressing.

I use surgery, drugs etc. as a LAST RESORT, and always have.

I came across another fellow blogger's article on his curing his own stenosis problem and rather than steal his thunder, I will post a link to it here for you to take a look at. IF you or someone you know suffers from this ailment, you might like to read his article and results before automatically electing surgery.

http://parityhedgesystemcraps.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-cure-spinal-stenosis.html


The article mentions dietary restrictions and changes along with higher doses of Vitamin C, Tumeric and ginger root, Bragg's apple cider vinegar with the "MOTHER", Arm and Hammer Baking Soda, Melatonin and DHEA supplementation along with Lecithin, heat and ice therapy etc.

I personally felt it was a well done article and the emphasis is on changing the PH of your system from ACID to Alkaline and getting OFF SUGAR and diet sodas which contain Aspartame etc.

It is not a 7 day cure but a change in lifestyle.

It does not hurt to seek out the Lord and ask him to heal you and reverse the progress of stenosis in your body and to seek out a prayer group and have them lay hands on you for the elimination of arthritis.

HERE IS another link concerning the healing properties of Melatonin to help with stenosis. This is another part of the puzzle outlined in the link listed above:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/10/melatonin.aspx


In one study, artificially aged mice treated with melatonin had reduced oxidative stress and markers of cerebral aging and neurodegeneration, indicating the melatonin offered both neuroprotective and anti-aging effects.2
In another study, researchers revealed that combining daily exercise with the daily intake of melatonin appeared to have a synergistic effect against brain deterioration in mice with Alzheimer's disease-associated mutations.3Improvements in behavior, learning and memory were noted.
Melatonin's immediate precursor is the neurotransmitter serotonin, which is a major player in regulating and giving a lift to your mood. And, like serotonin, melatonin plays important roles in your physical and mental health. Studies have shown that insufficient melatonin production can set you up for:
Decreased immune functionAccelerated cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth (including leukemia)
Blood pressure instabilityDecreased free radical scavenging
Increased plaques in the brain, like those seen with Alzheimer's diseaseIncreased risk of osteoporosis
Diabetic microangiopathy (capillary damage)Depression and/or seasonal affective disorder (SAD)

God Bless,

Dan

Mark 16:17-18King James Version (KJV)

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.


No comments:

Post a Comment