Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Eat Right And Exercise Right To Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

I am coming to the conclusion that if you start eating right and exercising right, you really, really CAN reverse type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is an epidemic that affected approximately 246 million people worldwide in 2007. The sad part is that it is a nutritionally related disease and therefore can be reversed through proper diet and exercise.

That being said, what should you eat, and what type of exercise should you be doing?

For breakfast, I sort of go against conventional wisdom and have a bowl of oatmeal, with Cinnamon, blueberries with a heaping teaspoon of organic cold milled flax seeds and a teaspoon of flax oil and some organic raw cows milk. I then take two more teaspoons of flax oil and eat a handful or two of either walnuts or almonds. I then drink a 8 ounce glass of cold water with All Day Energy Greens and take my daily supplements.

Build your diet around a combination of raw vegetables and some fruit.  Make a large raw salad your big meal of the day. Feel free to add chicken, tuna or salmon to it or broiled fish on the side. I use romaine lettuce, and then cut up celery, green peppers, yellow and red peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, cucumbers, crisp apples, perhaps some cheese, walnuts etc.  Make a whole meal out of it. Last night I had a salad like that and on the side  has some steamed green beans and fish. I use extra virgin olive oil all over it and maybe a little light Italian dressing to taste. You will NOT go hungry, and your BG levels will love eating this way. Do NOT wash it all down with a diet cola or a regular carbonated cola drink. Drink water, or perhaps ice tea. The Pepsi and coke and related products have an average PH of around 2 to 2.5 and it puts your body into acidosis and fighting against itself to try and combat the acidity. (See other posts I have written on avoiding carbonated sodas under PH miracle labels).

For snacks I eat an apple, or 3 or 4 stalks of celery possibly with unprocessed peanut butter on it. I might have a glass of water with Bragg's apple cider vinegar with it. Sometimes I might have a 1/2 banana (They are NOT as bad for you as you have heard). They are a rich source of potassium and low in overall calories with no more sugar than the average apple.

If I eat out, I like Subway for their fresh vegetables etc. I might have a 6 inch chicken sub on whole wheat with all the veggies, or maybe the same ingredients in a salad. I also like Ruby Tuesday's for their huge variety on their salad bar.

I try my level best to READ LABELS and stay away from anything with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils in it, and I also watch the carbs and sugar content. I also tend to stay away from diet anything, since I believe that the aspartame, equal, splenda etc. is worse for you than the sugar. It is easier to EXERCISE PORTION CONTROL than to put up with the side effects of the artificial sweeteners. (See my post on Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners).

For exercise, I walk briskly and I do push ups, squats with two 20 pound dumbbells and abdominal exercises etc. The combination of aerobics and weight resistance training is proven to be very beneficial for type 2 diabetics in the area of improved insulin reception and may possibly build NEW insulin receptor cells. (See my post and videos on exercises).

Am I 100% all the time? NO, I am human, however I am forming NEW and healthier habits and they are paying off.

Dan

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, And He ponders all his paths.
Proverbs 5:21

In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.  ~Author Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment