Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Low Carb Smoothies

Started yesterday on a low carbohydrate regimen (NOT zero carbs, just much lower).

I am off the oatmeal as mentioned after reading carbs more carefully, one packet of the lower sugar oatmeal has 22 carbs in it. I usually eat two, which means I was starting every day off with 44 carbs in the two packets alone.
I will MISS that because I added two tea spoons of cold pressed flax seed oil and a table spoon of cold milled organic flax seeds to it every day.

Marine Corp Motto: Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

I tried a new smoothie of my own making this morning to resolve the problem:

  • 1 cup of DIET cranberry juice
  • 2 stalks of celery cut up
  • 1 medium size crisp tart apple
  • 1 scoop of strawberry flavored whey protein
  • 1 table spoon of flax seeds

 Put all ingredients in the Vita Mixer and whip until smooth. Taste pretty darn good and satisfied my protein and fiber and flax seed requirement.



I then take two table spoons of flax seed oil by mouth and then eat a handful of whole walnuts. See my post of "Going Nuts For Diabetes" for the value of eating walnuts.

Dan

An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.
- Henry David Thoreau

II Timothy 1:7King James Bible
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment