Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today's Blood Pressure Reading

Since starting this new part time job on 5/9/2011, my blood sugar readings have been a little out of whack. That means they have been on the HIGH side for a couple of weeks. This followed almost a month of some dramatically improved readings. My sleep patterns were messed up because I am on a fluctuating schedule and my eating habits were also changed a little.

I got out of work today at 3PM and decided to come home and do some serious squats, push ups, abdominal exercises, curls with the weights etc. After doing a routine I then took a brisk walk for 40 minutes. Immediately following I took by blood pressure and pulse at a local Rite Aid drugstore.  I was walking downtown and ended up at the store to fill a prescription.

I was thinking to myself, Oh Boy, I wonder if my blood pressure is going to be high also, especially in light of the workout with the weights and then walking. To my delight and surprise it was 115/77 and my pulse was 68. Since I cut my lisinopril dose in 1/2 starting about 5 or 6 weeks ago, I am very happy with the reading. I have to attribute it primarily to the faithful drinking of two full glasses of green smoothies daily with the emphasis on celery.

I have been experimenting with different veggies and fruits and finally hit upon one that not only is healthy, it is very tasty. I find most people will drink a healthy drink for a few days if it tastes bad, however they will NOT stick with it for the long run. The secret is to keep it healthy, however make it tasty and refreshing so you will look forward to it.

Here it is:

  • 3 sticks of celery (cut into 1 inch long pieces)
  • A big handful of red grapes
  • One medium sized apple
  • One big handful of baby spinach
  • 4 or 5 ice cubes
  • 1 Heaping tablespoon of sugar free orange flavored metamucil
  • One heaping tablespoon of light yogurt (your choice)
  • Two stevia packets
  • I cup (give or take) of cold water

(Makes 2 full glasses / give or take)

In MY case I LOVE the Vita Mixer and I start with the celery in the bottom of the pitcher, add the grapes, and a medium size apple (cored and cut into quarters), add the Metamucil, add the stevia packets, add the handful of baby spinach, and LASTLY add the cup of water. I find the veggies etc. blend better if the celery etc. is put in dry, down into the blades inside the pitcher.

Make sure all veggies and fruits etc. are COLD from the refrigerator when you use them and consume the entire drink immediately. Do not try and make enough for the day etc. as it begins to lose a lot of nutrition if not fresh.

SEE my post entitled (The PH Miracle  Found In Celery and Celery Juice) 1/26/2011 and the Benefits of Eating Spinach 6/9/2011.

Dan


God Removes Sickness

The 10 Most Healing Bible Verses Exodus 23:25


You shall worship the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from among you.

No comments:

Post a Comment