Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Short Post Mainly As A Link To Info On Green Smoothies

I have become a BIG FAN of green smoothies and am always looking for new and better ways to make them. I came across this link which I thought would be of benefit to Diabetics. You can also sign up from this link for a FREE newsletter in your email box. There are tips and recipes and a lot of information on how to experiment with green smoothies, rotate different types of greens so you do not get bored, what fruits go well with green smoothies etc.

I tend to use celery as my base (because if is alkalizing to the body and great for reducing blood pressure). I usually add an apple, or 1/2 mango, a handful of red or green grapes, or other fruit along with a handful or two of baby spinach and an 8 oz glass of water, with one stevia packet and 4 or 5 ice cubes  and whip it up in my Vita Mixer.

MY advice is to drink it all down while it is fresh, and not to make more than you can drink in one sitting.

You can get bored with that after a while although I really like them. Again I also have an older juicer, however I don't use it much anymore since I like the idea of also getting the fiber with the Vita Mixer which uses the entire fruit and or vegetable.

Check out the link and the tips. I think you will enjoy this site.

LINK to Green Smoothies & PH Factor


Dan

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Proverbs 4:1

No comments:

Post a Comment