In my case giving up diet soda (or any soda), and drinking green smoothies has made a big difference in the way I feel and my BG readings and blood pressure readings. I also try and get in at least 1/2 hour brisk walk every day and work out with the weights doing squats, and push ups etc. every other day.
- I like green smoothies: (TRY 1 medium apple, 1/2 cucumber, 3 stalks of celery, handful of red grapes, handful of baby spinach, 1 packet of stevia, add cold water and mix in a Vita Mixer or Ninja type processor until smooth and creamy)
- I like large raw salads: Romaine lettuce, carrots, celery, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, garbanzo beans, tuna fish, yellow squash, different types of kidney beans etc., apple and a little Italian dressing to taste with extra virgin OLIVE OIL.
- TRY to drink pure water as opposed to everything else.
- AVOID like the plague any and all carbonated sodas, and other diet drinks containing Aspartame, Splenda and other artificial harmful sugar replacement sweeteners.
- I like lightly steamed fresh broccoli and green beans.
- I also like sliced yellow squash lightly browned in a non-stick frying pan with extra virgin olive oil
Speaking of JESUS:
II Corinthians 5:21 KJV "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin: that we might be made the righteouses of God in him"
Here is a LINK to a site I came across on PH factor:
INTRODUCTION TO "pH" (revised May 9th 2004, still needs more work)
Your "pH" is very important to your health, and is a Major concern.
HIGH "pH": If you maintain a high pH you will experience less disease, better health, less weight gain, better temperament, and not only will you be nicer to everyone around you, but everyone will be nicer to you (with only the occasional intentional use of Low pH to kill off bacteria & viruses, which live at the same pH of 7.4, which is the same pH which live at).
CONCLUSIONS: pH is one of the most important things in both Mental Health and Physical Health, and I urge you to read this entire page. I am convinced (after reading and studying many aspects of health and nutrition) that "Low pH" alone, is the Root Cause for at least 50% of diseases leading to hospitalization, cancer on down the line, etc, etc, including psychological disturbances, and that people who DRINK WATER are generally HEALTHY PEOPLE (you need a half gallon to 1.5 gallons max per day as per The Merck Manual, standard medical reference). Those people who drink Water don't have the same problems that everyone else does. They don't have to join A.A., they don't have to be hospitalized for Psychological disturbances (unless depressed, in which case 100 mg of B Vitamins daily will fix that quick, B1 Thiamine, B2 Riboflavin, B6 Pyridoxine, and B12 Cobalium, in the form of a B Complex or B Stress or B 1000 or B 100 sold at most groceries).
ANY BEVERAGE provides you with necessary FLUIDS for survival, but ONLY WATER will help you maintain a proper "pH".
SODA, JUICES, COFFEE & TEA are NOT a Substitute for WATER:
as Soda (and other beverages) have a dangerously low pH.
I shake hands with people, and 30 to 60 seconds later my hand is burning due to their low pH, I can imagine how much they are suffering (but they are used to it, but if they only knew, and I do try to help them when I can). I have a health food expert friend who works in the medical industry, and she tells me of patients who come in with major problems, and their blood test results show a very low level of pH (near death). No wonder. They don't drink water. They think other beverages will do.
"The pH Miracle" by Young and Young, a top quality, top selling, Excellent Book. Shows that while many foods have a safe pH level, their REACTIVITY in the body causes a dangerously low "pH REACTIVITY".
"The pH Miracle" has several lists in the book, and refers to it as RELATIVE POTENTIAL or Acidity (-) or Alkalinity (+). Its best to get the whole book, but here is some chart information. Keep in mind that the scale used here is NOT a "pH scale", it is more extreme in numbers, and neutral is exactly "0" zero.