- Reduce inflammation - anti-inflammatory / Sweet peppers contain capsiate which is an analog form of capsaicim and Hot peppers contain capsaicim
- Both sweet and hot peppers contain Vitamins C, A, K, B6 along with choline and folate
- Both also contain potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and fiber
- They also contain anti-oxidants and phytochemicals
- They are also reputed to have anti-cancer agents
Try them all, red, green, orange and yellow.
Today I made a green smoothie with celery, an orange, kale, baby spinach and a yellow sweet pepper. I added a little Stevia to taste, enough water to make it smooth and five ice cubes. 30 Seconds in a Vita Mixer and you have a delicious healthy drink that goes a long way to counter acting all the acidic foods you ate during the holidays.
This was my first time using sweet peppers and I think I have found a way to add some real zest to the smoothies. They are good for you and give a green smoothies just a little more ZING.
"Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food" Hippocrates 400 BC
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.