Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

Onions For Boosting Testosterone

As mentioned previously in this blog, I tried Androgel 1.62 last year with disastrous results. Not only did my testosterone levels barley move after about 6 weeks on this formula, my otherwise normal blood pressure shot up into the 180-195 /110 range. I weaned myself off that formula and refuse to go back on other similar gels and creams for the same reason. I have been doing some research on natural ways to boost one's testosterone and recently came across a lot of evidence that raw or lightly steamed onions may be the ticket. I like the concept already as a bag of raw onions or sweet onions are a lot cheaper than all the creams and gels. I am also looking at two other products to try in addition to eating a lot more onions, especially red sweet onions. The two formulas are "Super Miraforte" by the Life Extension folks, and a product called "Ageless Male" with its main ingredient as Testofen.

Benefits of eating onions:


  • Fat free
  • Cholesterol free
  • Low sodium
  • 25 active compounds linked to inhibiting growth of cancer cells, combating heart disease and inhibiting strokes, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol and stimulating the immune system.
  • Evidence that eating onions, especially RAW, boosts testosterone levels naturally without side effects
  • They neutralize free radicals and protect cell membranes


Onions contain two important ingredients:

Sulfur compounds and Quercetin. Quercetin is an antioxidant and is apparently not affected by cooking. Sulfur is somewhat affected by cooking, however if you use LOW heat you should be okay and eating lightly cooked onions is a whole lot easier than eating raw onions every day.

Last night my son and I tried sliced raw onions first with a little light vinaigrette dressing. All I can say is that I do not see myself eating one or two raw onions every day. It has to be something you will stick with for the long haul or not get into it. In the summer time I could easily eat a slice of sweet raw onion on a cheeseburger and consider it a treat. The difference is you are mixing your RAW ONION with other food and it mellows it out a little. The same could be said for putting a cut up raw sweet onion in a salad with celery, spinach, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, red grapes, apple slices, etc. What I WILL DO is what we tried immediately following the raw onion episode. We took two large onions, peeled and sliced them and cooked them in a non-stick frying pan on low heat along with little chunks of cube steak thrown in. We cooked them in a combination of extra virgin coconut oil and real butter. They were very good and I could see myself eating onions every day in this fashion.

Onions have been used for over 4000 years for health reasons. The Egyptians apparently listed over 8000 onion alleviated ailments. Hippocrates prescribed then as a diuretic, wound healer and a pneumonia fighter.

For those with sheer determination and few social exchanges or perhaps single:

The most effective use of onions especially for boosting testosterone levels is to drink RAW ONION JUICE.  I watched a few you tube videos and I do have a juicer in addition to the VitaMixer so IF I was that determined, I could do it. My son tried the raw onion juice through a juicer a while back and told me to forget it. I personally have forgotten it already. On the flip side, it is reputed to increase one's testosterone by 300% plus within a couple of months of starting the regimen.

Enjoy,

Dan

Here is a LINK to onions for boosting testosterone:

http://www.sweetonionsource.com/healthy.html









No comments:

Post a Comment