Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Snacks You Can Live With

Do you have a bad case of the munchies during the holidays? Do you try and repress it until it over powers you and you end up eating a whole bag of Ruffle's potato chips.

STOP, Hold the phone. 1ST, don't buy potato chips in the first place and you won't have them to fall back on.

BUY Triscuit whole wheat crackers with only (3) ingredients and ZERO trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no added sugar. Keep a jar of natural peanut butter on hand and enjoy.


These whole-wheat crackers with only 3 ingredients are a healthier holiday nibbl

Here is a link to look at for some other holiday snack ideas. It could just save you adding pounds this Christmas season and you will feel better about yourself come Jan 1st.

Dan


I came across Kalyn's site and really liked her snack ideas. Take a look for yourself and PLAN AHEAD to have the RIGHT KING of healthy snacks on hand, so you won't fill up on sugar and empty calorie foods.

EXCERPT:


The season of over-indulgence is upon us, and this year more than ever I'm hoping to enjoy some holiday foods without completely overdoing it on sweets and other treats I'd prefer to avoid.  (I'm guessing lots of you are with me on this, right?)   One way I make things easier on myself during the holidays is by having on hand "diet-legal" foods that are still something of a treat.  I don't normally eat a lot of crackers, but Triscuits crackers made with 100% whole wheat are something that I'd happily munch on at a holiday gathering.


If you're trying to stick to an eating plan that avoids white flour, you'll quickly turn into a label reader.  That's how I found out that Triscuits are one of the best crackers for South Beach Dieters, containing only "whole grain soft white winter wheat, soybean oil, and salt."  It's a definite plus for me that Triscuits don't contain sugar as so many other whole grain crackers do.  And since woman cannot live on celery sticks alone during the month of December, I'm offering Triscuits as a suggestion for holiday party munching, and making them officially one of my Kalyn's Kitchen Picks.

Three things I might eat on Triscuits are HummusLaughing Cow Spreadable Cheese, or Peanut Butter.  If you'd like something a bit fancier, here are some Triscuit-topping ideas:

Roasted Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Holiday Spread
Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade with Garlic and Herbs
Tuna Mousse or Spuma di Tonno
Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Feta and Mint
Heart-Healthy Shrimp Dip
White Bean and Artichoke Dip
Sweet Potato Hummus with Olive Oil and Sumac
Green Garbanzo Hummus
Black-Eyed Pea Hummus with Olive Oil and Sumac
Slow Roasted Tomato Hummus
Parsley Hummus with Whole Wheat Pita Chips
Julia Child's Brandade รก la Soissonaise (Puree of White Beans with Garlic and Herbs)     

Blogger Disclosure:
Triscuits are made by Kraft Foods, who don't know I'm alive and have never paid me or given me samples to write about their product.   All items featured as Kalyn's Kitchen Picks are things I will happily buy over and over, and because I want readers to know that my opinions are completely unbiased, I no longer accept sample products of any kind.  

See the list of other Kalyn's Kitchen Picks if you'd like to see what other products I've liked well enough to feature them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment