Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Interesting Factoids About Getting Off the Grains and WHY!


First of all the more I study, the more I am convinced that we as the bible indicates are wonderfully and fearfully made.........SEE Psalm 139:14

Psalm 139:14 KJV

King James Bible
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.



Context
You have Searched Me and Know Me
13For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.15My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;…

Here is some interesting facts about grains and why you should change your diet IF you are serious about beating type 2 diabetes.

  • A NO GRAIN DIET is probably the best diet to follow for Type 2 Diabetics. One of the reasons why is that most grains, EVEN ORGANIC ones turn almost immediately into sugar in the human body. This in many cases aids the progression of diabetes and obesity.
  • GRAINS AND SUGARS are often an overlooked addiction that is tough to reverse except through total abstinence.
  • WHY DO MOST folks struggle giving up sugar? It is because they continue to eat a lot of carbohydrates which break down into sugar and perpetuate the addiction.
  • WHEAT is apparently the worst offender because it causes more problems than other carbohydrates and it is in almost everything.
  • TODAY'S WHEAT AND WHEAT PRODUCTS  do not remotely resemble grain form biblical times or even 100 years ago.
Wheat was originally stone ground which left most of the BRAN intact. It was not overly processed like it is today and was treated entirely different from scythe to the table.
God intended wheat to be nutritious and not over processed, or with harmful additives and preservatives etc.
PROCESSED CEREALS even though advertised as whole grain lead to insulin resistance. Here are some symptoms of insulin resistance:

  • Fatigue
  • Brain Fog
  • Intestinal bloating
  • Increased fat storage and weight gain
  • Low blood sugar
  • Higher triglycerides
  • Higher blood pressure
  • Sleepiness
  • Depression

Even if you are eating grains and cereals labeled to be FAT FREE, the carbs themselves end up as excess fat, because it generates a RAPID rise in blood glucose....which in turn causes the pancreas to secret more insulin into the bloodstream to lower the glucose level.

One thing I guess I didn't know is that insulin is technically a STORAGE HORMONE which works to put aside excess carbohydrate calories in the form of fat in case of future famine. 99% of the time of course the famine does not occur and the carbs continue daily to end up being stored as FAT.

 A QUICK OVERVIEW OF THE GRAIN GROWING AND HARVESTING PROCESS TODAY:

Grains are laced with pesticides during the growing season.
Then they are milled at high temperatures so that the fatty acids they contain turn rancid.
The rancidity increased when the milled flours are stored for long periods of time in open bins
The bran and the germ of the grains are removed and then sold separately even though GOD obviously intended for them to eaten together.
Much of the grain is then baked as quick rise breads so that ANTI-nutrients remain, synthetic vitamins and unabsorbable iron is added to the white flour.
This iron which can't be absorbed can cause numerous unbalances compounded by dough conditioners, stabilizers, preservatives, and other unnatural additives.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY:

Grains are much better absorbed in the presence of animal fats such as butter, lard, cream which helps us to absorb calcium, phosphorus, iron, B-vitamins, and other nutrients.

Natural grains with cream or whole (vs.) skim milk are much better absorbed.

Lastly commercially made wheat products today often have Potassium Bromate as dough extenders.

When we ingest or absorb bromine, it displaces iodine and the resulting iodine deficiency leads to increased risk for breast cancer, thyroid gland, ovary and prostate cancer. Our American wheat products have been bred to contain a higher gluten content as compared to European wheat products.

IN CLOSING, I am down three pounds in one week of being on the NO Grains diet and my highest blood sugar reading even after a meal has been 136 and on average my blood sugar has been around 116 or lower. I am NOT experiencing the highs and lows I did on whole grain cereals for breakfast. I have given up 100% of grains for going on my second week now and my energy has increased dramatically and I have not had one single moment where I felt like...I NEED SOMETHING TO EAT RIGHT NOW, not later but RIGHT NOW as my BG level was dropping like a rock.

It is a great feeling and I am going to stay the course on this. YES, I STILL WALK, CLIMB STAIRS, DO PUSH UPS, ABDOMINAL EXERCISES, CURLS WITH THE WEIGHTS, ETC.

I also drink a lot of water and often put a shot of Pom Pom pomegranate juice in it. I have been off the carbonated colas etc. for a long time now and avoid them like the plague. I learned that despite multi million dollar advertising campaigns, the world really DOES NOT RUN ON PEPSI!

Image result for the world runs on pepsi?



Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment