Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2015

MORE on Cause of Heart Attacks and HOW to Prevent Them

I recently read a lengthy article written by Thomas S. Cowan, MD concerning the real cause of heart attacks and it isn't saturated fat, or eating red meat.

For over 50 years the medical community has been telling us heart disease is caused in the arteries by a buildup of blockage called PLAQUE. In the article I read this conventional theory of heart disease is largely MISLEADING.

In the last 50 years or so the article points out that the pursuit of the coronary artery theory has cost this nation billions of unnecessary surgical costs, and billions in medications that cause as much harm as any real or imagined positive benefits and promoted the (Low FAT diet which has only worsened the problem).

Mr. Cowan gives credit to the work of Dr. Knut Sroka and his website entitled, heartattacknew.com. He indicates that you should read the ENTIRE website and watch the video for a better understanding. One important item in the video shows that "collateral circulation" nourishes the heart EVEN WITH a SEVERE blockage of a coronary artery.

MY INPUT: This was an eye opener for me when I first read about it as I had a quadruple heart bypass in 2013 and was told that I have a "widow makers heart" and surgery was the ONLY answer for my longevity and it had to be done quickly. Although insurance paid the 99% of the procedure, my bypass surgery amounted to round figures........$100,000.

Since my operation and recovery, I have spent a great deal of time researching the real (and NOT imagined cause of heart attacks) and IF I were faced with bypass surgery today with the knowledge I now have, I would likely have opted out of the surgery. In other words it is very personal to me. SEE my multiple posts on heart disease and the contributions made by Dr. Linus Pauling and Dr. Matthias Rath and the Nobel Prize won by Linus Pauling for the CURE of heart disease.

Back to Thomas Cowan MD's article:

For the last 50 years or so, the theory was that most heart attacks were caused by progressive blockage caused by plaque in the 4 major coronary arteries leading to the heart. These plaques were though to be composed of cholesterol that over time built up in the arterial lumen (inside of the blood vessel), which eventually cut off blood supply to a certain area of the heart, which in turn led to an oxygen deficiency in that area, causing pain (angina) and then progressing to a HEART ATTACK.

THE SIMPLE AND (expensive FOR US while being very profitable for the medical community and pharmaceutical companies) was to UNblock the stenosis or blockage by bypass surgery or perhaps putting in a tent. In addition the patient was told to follow a LOW fat diet and be placed on one or more statin drugs, aspirin a day therapy and over time more prescription drugs and stronger doses of same.

It is impossible to share all the info on this post that was contained in the artery, however I will mention a large study conducted in 2003 by the Mayo Clinc on the effectiveness of bypass surgery, stents and angioplasty.

IN SHORT, the study proved bypass surgery does relieve symptoms of heart attack (I.E chest pain), however it does NOT prevent further heart attacks, and only very HIGH risk patients benefit from any bypass surgery with any regard to a better chance of survival

IF YOU WATCH the video mentioned above, you will learn that in most OVER 90 PERCENT blocked arteries in almost  all cases , COLLATERAL OR ADDITIONAL NEW BLOOD VESSELS ARE CREATED BY YOUR BODY to compensate for the blockage.

New International Version Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


God Bless

Dan

I strongly encourage you to pull up the artcle by Thomas S. Cowan MD which I found on the Mercola Video Library and also the article and video mentioned above.

Have a blessed and healthy New year.

No comments:

Post a Comment