Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

The PH Factor For curing Or Controling Diabetes

There has been much written about curing both Type I and Type II diabetes by controlling one's PH factor.

 Here is an article and website, I found very interesting, and well documented:

Link On PH Factor


When you take a look at this website and articles, they recommend that a proper diet is around 80% alkaline foods and 20% acid. The article goes on to indicate a PH of 7.356 is ideal for acquiring and maintaining good health. I have read other articles promoting 7.2 as neither acid or alkaline, and still others indicating anything between 7.0 and 8.0 as a healthy place to be.

I read a book early on when I was first diagnosed with Type II diabetes entitled "The PH Miracle For Diabetes". The book was and is very popular and anyone who is interested in attaining tighter control of their BG levels or being cured of Type II diabetes completely should read the book

Link To Purchase Book        / The PH Miracle book is still available for $14.95 off the website.

You can find extensive and lengthy lists of foods that have an alkaline effect on your PH and foods that have an acid effect. The acid forming food should be on your list of foods to avoid or cut way back on to try and achieve that 80% alkaline/20% acid ratio.



I am trying my best to give up diet colas of all kinds, after  a long term relationship with diet Pepsi and coke. ALL colas are on the acid forming foods side of the PH equation. I was in the insurance business for myself for 40 plus years, and "fast food along with a diet soda became a regular stop". I still have a small diet once in a while out of habit or being on the run on a particular day. By educating myself and writing this BLOG, I do it less and less as time goes by. OLD habits die hard as they say, however every time I order a water as opposed to a diet coke or Pepsi, it is a victory. You don't drop a bad habit in a day, however realizing the benefits and having a desire to get my A1C down below 6.2 helps.

Personally I try to incorporate more and more vegetables and especially green foods into my diet. I AM looking for a CURE and look forward to the day when I am not on any prescription drugs. I also realize that "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" and the old adage, "A Thousand Mile Journey Begins With The First Step".Again, I think if you take baby steps,  and make positive changes daily by trying several different type of greens and then keep notes on the one you like, your diet will be on the way to improvement in no time.

I eat steamed green beans, broccoli, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and kale several times a week now. Sometimes I steam all of them together and sometimes just one or two. I then put on extra virgin olive oil and perhaps a little light Italian dressing to taste. When I do not have time to steam those particular greens, I try to eat a LARGE raw salad, with romaine lettuce, celery, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, chick peas etc. and  I will then add protein in the form of cottage cheese, mozzarella skim cheese sticks, tuna fish, salmon or chicken breast., hard boiled eggs,  etc.

I also recommend you start taking "All Day Energy Greens" , OR one of the other powdered green drink mixes on the market to help correct your PH, especially on those days when you are traveling or don't have time to eat like you know you should.


Dan


Matthew 18:18-19 "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth shall agree on anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven"

No comments:

Post a Comment