Here is a partial list of the benefits of banana's Benefits:
- Banana's contain tryptophan which counteracts depression (converts to serotonin which helps you relax)
- They contain vitamin B6 which helps regulate blood glucose levels
- High in iron to fight anemia
- High in potassium and low in salt helping to regulate blood pressure
- Relieves constipation due to high fiber content
- Natural antacid effect
- Helps avoid morning sickness
- Relieves insect bites by rubbing the inside of the skin on them
- High in B vitamins to calm the nerves
- Helps soothe ulcers and other intestinal disorders
- Helps avoid SAD disorder because of the tryptophan (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
- The B6, B12, potassium and magnesium help reduce effects of nicotine withdrawal
- STRESS depletes potassium which helps regulate your heartbeat (see MY post on dirurectics and irregular heartbeat under drug interactions)
- Reduces risk of STROKES by as much as 40% / New England Journal Of Medicine
- Even proven to eliminate warts by taping the inside of a banana skin on the wart
- 4 times the protein. 3 times the phosphorous, 5 times the vitamin A, and iron and more vitamins and minerals than an apple
OH, I almost forgot, YES banana's do have (3) types of sugar content. To name them, sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with FIBER.I try to eat one every day and my blood sugar has not been adversely affected by it.
I see no reason why Type 2 diabetics cannot enjoy a banana every day. It sure beats the benefits of eating chocolate cake, cream filled doughnuts, chocolate chip cookies etc.
And he laid his hands upon her, and immediately she was made straight, and she praised God. But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the sabbath, said to the people, "There are six days on which work ought to be done; come on those days and be healed, and not on the sabbath day." Then the Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Does not each of you on the sabbath untie his ox or his ass from the manger, and lead it away to water it? And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?" As he said this, all his adversaries were put to shame; and all the people rejoiced at all the glorious things that were done by him.
"Health is not valued till sickness comes."
Dr. Thomas Fuller