Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Green Smoothies A Must Every Day

One of the greatest things you can do for yourself in addition to backing off the sugar in all its many forms is to get in some aerobic exercise MOST days (WALKING is great) and some testosterone building core strengthening, upper body exercise (PUSH UPS are great) and then treat yourself to an ice cold green smoothie.

Here is a suggestion:

Buy a Vita Mixer (new, or reconditioned or used or whatever) and learn how to use it. Trust me, you will thank me. NO, I do not make any profit from the sale of Vita Mixer's although I certainly would if I could.

  • Cut up three stalks of fresh organic celery, 1/2 cucumber, handful of baby spinach
  • Cut and core one medium apple
  • Add in a handful of fresh red grapes
  • Add in 1/2 cut mango
  • Add in two stevia packets
  • Add in a heaping tea spoon of powdered Barley Grass and/or a scoop of All Day Energy Greens
  • Add 4 or 5 ice cubes
  • Add enough water to suit your Consistency of the drink

Blend it until all ingredients are liquefied (about 30 seconds in the Vita Mixer).

Makes about 1 quart of green smoothie. I try and drink two glasses every day I can.

The celery alone will go a long ways to alkalize all the acid you are putting into your system every day. Go back and look through the archives posts and RE-read my post on INTERSTITIAL FLUID and keeping your system slightly alkaline for better health. The smoothies cover a multitude of errors.

Reviews of All Day Energy Greens:

http://www.amazon.com/All-Day-Energy-Greens-Octane/product-reviews/B00162L514


Today I did  110 push ups and walked about 1.5 miles. It becomes addictive in that your body starts craving it. You have to learn how to listen to your body.

Yesterday I took a day off and did ZERO push ups and ZERO walking. Your body needs rest from your exercise routine once in a while.

Dan

LINKS to benefits of green smoothies:



http://greensmoothiespower.com/spinach-recipes-for-smoothies/

http://greensmoothiespower.com/how-to-prepare-delicious-green-smoothies/

MY INPUT:

Years ago before my first and only Vita Mixer I was into juicing fruits and veggies. I believe although there are a lot of health benefits to that, the Vita Mixer approach is better since you also get all the fiber, pulp and the entire veggie or fruit and not just concentrated juice which can be a bit much for a diabetic.






     

No comments:

Post a Comment