Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Boost Testosterone Naturally

I am always looking for ways to increase testosterone naturally as I get older. I am now 65 and my testosterone is on the low side. 366 is considered LOW normal per my last report on blood work. Around 6 months ago my testosterone was 248, and this last time around 2 months ago was up to 272. The 272 is an improvement of 24 points which is certainly better than going backwards, however it is NOT enough.

I am still looking into natural products like the TESTOFEN formulas. I looked at Ageless male and compared it to a product from Swanson Vitamins called Testofen Fenugreek extract and am leaning towards the Swanson product. I do NOT like being hooked into automatic credit cards deductions on any type of products. In the supplements I am already taking, I am getting vitamin B6, Zinc, Magnesium already and with the major working component being Testofen, I can purchase this formula much cheaper and without the automatic credit card hit every 90 days.

The jury is still out on what I am going to do for a supplement, however those are the ones I am looking at currently. Here are some other proven tips you can incorporate into your routine:

3 or 4 times per week, do intensive interval training with weights. The weights do not have to be blood vessel popping, lower back disc crushing weights. No need to slip a disc in your lower back trying to do dead lifts or deep squats  with super heavy weights. The trick as I understand it is to do multiple sets of squats (I  use dumb bells in the 20 to 25 pound range and normally 15 to 20 reps with a SHORT break of not more than 90 to 120 seconds between). The key is to USE major muscle groups like your legs, back, arms etc. DON'T FORGET to loosen up, warm up those muscles and stretch or go for a walk first. Your LAST set should be too exhaustion where you can't do another rep. This is NOT for all your sets, but your very last one only. There IS EVIDENCE that intense workouts with HEAVY weights are more effective, however if you slip a disc or end up with a torn meniscus in your knee etc. it is not going to help in the long run. USE common sense.

(I should say I used to do that until I got into the 100 push ups every other day, chin ups and pull ups along with stretching and abdominal exercise) I had a left knee injury a couple of years ago which is much better now and I NEED to get back on the program in addition to everything else I am already doing)

If your legs and joints will handle the stress depending on your age, how much over weight you are etc. you can add running combined with short bursts of SPRINTING 3 or 4 times a week. You will get about 80% of the value of that without the joint stress by walking 1.5 to 2.5 miles every day and incorporate 30 to 45 second intervals of speed walking into your routine. The key is to mix up your routine with short intensive bursts of aerobic exercise.

Lose the excess weight by eating right, getting off the refined sugary carbs. Get more healthy fats into your diet (extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil), and get more protein (steak, eggs, bacon, whey protein etc.). Start drinking green smoothies to balance your body's PH. Include celery, baby spinach, cucumbers, red or black or green seedless grapes, kale, avocado, apples, naval oranges etc. to the mix. Try different things so you won't get bored with doing it. If you don't have a Vita Mixer I strongly recommend you look into buying a new one or reconditioned one.

Dan

Deuteronomy 28:1-2 Amplified Bible (AMP)
IF YOU will listen diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you this day, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.  And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you if you heed the voice of the Lord your God.


No comments:

Post a Comment