|How to Make Liposomal Vitamin C|
Vitamin C is the most used supplement in the world. There is good reason for this as the science behind the many benefits of vitamin C is solid. Dr. Svent Gyorgi and Dr. Linus Pauling performed innumerable experiments proving that man, unlike most animals, is dependent upon vitamin C for a healthy existence. For decades we have relied upon various ascorbic formulas for our supplemental needs, but now a whole new vista opens up with Liposomal technology.
Increase Absorption Dramatically - Regular vitamin C is absorbed at approximately 19%, the balance remains in the gastrointestinal tract to attract water and loosen the bowels. Nanotechnology, liposomalized vitamin C is absorbed at 93%, measurable in the blood stream. A 390% increase in absorption! Get IV results with oral dosage!
- Heat one cup of distilled water in a ceramic coated or stainless steel pan on your stove (do not heat it in a microwave oven) until almost boiling.
- Pour the water into your blender and add three level tablespoons of lecithin and blend until all of the lecithin is totally dissolved in the water.
- In one cup of cold distilled water, dissolve one level tablespoon of ascorbic acid. Make sure it is totally dissolved, very important!
- Add the ascorbic acid mixture to the lecithin mixture and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the ultrasonic cleaner and turn it on. Stir frequently.
- The cleaner will turn itself off about every two minutes or so. You continue to stir frequently and turn the cleaner back on until ALL of the foam is gone. Repeat: Continue to stir and turn the cleaner back on until ALL OF THE FOAM IS GONE!! This will take about 30 minutes or so. When done you will have a mix that is about the color of milk. There will be some settling but shouldn't be much, less than 5% of the mix or so.
When done, pour mix into a reseal able GLASS jar and store in your refrigerator.
Take one teaspoon full of mix once a day.
You can experiment with this amount after you have taken it for awhile to see how it effects you.
Take on an empty stomach and wait at least 15 minutes before eating anything.
Many take it in the morning before breakfast.
It is really sour tasting so many chase it with water to get the taste out of the mouth.
Another Excellent Recipe is Shown Here:
This recipe will give you a product between 7.0 and 7.5 (measured with Alkalive pH Stix) or similar pH to human blood so there is no risk of over acidifying your blood should you take significant amounts of your homemade Liposomal Vitamin C Ascorbate.
(Blood pH is tightly controlled by the body at near 7.35 pH. If your blood pH were much above or below that number you would be a very sick person.)
Creating an identical pH in your liposomal brew is simply a matter of carefully adjusting the level of bicarbonate of soda.
This Vitamin C Ascorbate recipe is a compilation of several postings on forums and Pdazzler’s own trials in the kitchen.
Using a small (2 cup) Ultrasonic cleaner, (Item #03305, obtainable from Harbor Freight @ about $30.00), we performed the following:
1. In qt mixing jar pour 1 cup of distilled water. Add 3 level
Tablespoons of granular soy lecithin (NOW has non-genetically modified soy lecithin) and agitate vigorously for 3 – 5 minutes.
Then place the lecithin mixture in the refrigerator for two or more hours. (You can leave in refrigerator overnight if you prefer.) This allows lecithin granules to soak up water for easy mixing into solution.
Note: Mixing can be accomplished easier if you raise the temperature of the distilled water being used to 45 degrees Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). I have found this unnecessary in getting high quality mixtures but others have found this warmer temperature helpful.
After 2 hour soaking period vigorously agitate the mixture for another 3 – 5 minutes. At the conclusion there should be no lecithin granules visible. Set this smooth lecithin mixture aside.
2. Dissolved 1 level Tablespoon of Pharmaceutical grade Vitamin C powder in 2 oz. of distilled water. We recommend you use a 6 oz. or larger screw lid jar so you can shake vigorously.
3. Dissolve 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Bob’s Red Mill Bicarbonate of Soda (Bob’s is Aluminum free) in 2 oz. of distilled water using a separate 6 oz. or larger screw lid jar. Shake or agitate the mixture 3 minutes or until soda dissolved.
*One mole of sodium bicarbonate is 84 grams, and one mole of ascorbic acid is 176 grams. So, the correct (stoichiometric) ratio of sodium bicarbonate to ascorbic acid is 84/176 = 0.477. For example, it would take 477 milligrams of sodium bicarbonate to neutralize 1000 milligrams of ascorbic acid.
**What follows is often the most difficult part of the process for those new to making homemade liposomal Vitamin C Ascorbate.
While stirring the Vitamin C / distilled water solution very slowly pour/dribble the dissolved bicarbonate of soda/water mixture into the Vitamin C / distilled water solution. (Pour soda solution very slowly as the resulting mixture will bubble. By pouring slowing and constantly stirring you will be able to mix the two without bubbling over.)
At the conclusion of mixing the bicarbonate of soda mixture into the Vitamin C mixture all bubbling will cease. If you have any soda settled in the jar pour the resulting total mix together into that jar, swirl and pour the resulting Vitamin C / Bicarbonate of Soda mixture into the Ultrasonic Cleaner.
4. Pour the Lecithin solution into ultrasonic cleaner bowl with the Vitamin C / Bicarbonate of Soda mixture and stir the contents together.
5. Turn the ultrasonic cleaner on and using a plastic straw (leaving the top of the cleaner opened), gently, slowly, stirred the contents.
Note: The cleaner will, automatically, self-stop about every 2 minutes. Just push ON button to continue. Repeat for a total of 6 series (12 – 18 minutes). By that time the entire solution should be blended into a cloudy, homogeneous, milk-like mixture. The LET solution is now well formed.
You can raise the level of encapsulation by continuing several more ultrasonic cycles if desired.
This protocol furnishes 12 grams (12000mg.) of Vitamin C Ascorbate. At an estimated/theoretical 70% – 90% encapsulation efficiency, 8400 mg would be of the LETtype. This solution will keep, acceptably, at room temperature for 3 to 4 days. Refrigerated, it will keep much longer.
Note: A larger, more powerful, ultrasonic cleaner is available at Harbor Freight. Item number 91593. 2+ liters, for about $80.00. Both units perform well. The larger unit will allow you to make higher quality liposomal or more encapsulated supplement at one time, depending on the amount you mix.
This article was written and submitted by an anonymous Australian researcher and this method has yielded excellent results every time we have used it. For informational and educational purposes only. Void where prohibited.
(MY INPUT) When you are on vacation, or flying away from home etc., you can use the convenience of the Livonlabs / Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C packets to tide you over until you return home.
Check out their offers here: