Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

MORE Green Smoothies For Type 2 Diabetics

Here are some addition suggestions for green veggie and fruit smoothies for improving your A1C by getting rid of the acid and changing the PH of your interstitial fluid. You will feel better and LIVE LONGER.

God Bless,

Dan

These are NOT of my own making and here is the LINK from which I got them. I like to give credit where credit is due and this is another BLOG you might like to follow:

http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/green-smoothies/diabetes/green-smoothie-recipes-for-type-2-diabetes/

The website is called "Incredible Smoothies".

Lana’s Green Smoothie

  • Handful of spinach
  • 3 slices of cucumber
  • 1/2 stalk of celery
  • 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
  • 2 frozen strawberries
  • 1 tablespoon of flax seed
  • 1/2 cup of blueberries(frozen or fresh)
  • 3 tablespoon of organic rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon of raw cacao
  • 6 ounces of unsweetened almond milk
Blast all the ingredients in a Nutri Bullet and enjoy! Makes around 8 to 10 ounces.

Barbara’s Green Smoothie

I have a green smoothie every morning for breakfast and it is:
  • 1 small orange, peeled
  • 2 big handfuls of spinach
  • 1 large kale or chard leaf or 2 baby bok choi (nutrition info is for 1 kale leaf)
  • 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (nutrition info is for blueberries)
  • 1 serving vegan protein powder
  • 1 teaspoon goji berries, soaked for 10 minutes
  • 1 teaspoon chia seeds
  • 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut milk
water to adjust consistency to personal preference
Calories: 239 | Fat: 6g | Protein: 13g | Carbs: 39g | Sugar: 21g | Calcium: 15% | Iron: 3.2mg | Vitamin A: 91% | Vitamin C: 219% |
This makes approximately 4 cups of finished smoothie.
To change it up, I will add a small handful of cilantro, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, a tblsp of pureed pumpkin, or a tblsp of shredded coconut.
I am Type 2 (since 2008 when I quit smoking and gained 20 lbs), but am NOT on any medications for it, and never have been nor will I be if I can prevent it.
Because I add the protein powder to my smoothies, they don’t affect my blood sugar very much (well within the acceptable 2 point increase two hours after eating – Canadian measurements), certainly much less than a “conventional” breakfast did before. In general my blood sugar numbers have been steadily getting better since adding green smoothies to my lifestyle.

Chris’ Green Smoothie

  • 8oz unsweetened almond milk
  • 2-3 cups spinach (or any green. I use Kale and arugula too) (recipe is for 2 cups spinach)
  • 1 medium banana, peeled
  • 1/2 small avocado
Calories: 282 | Fat: 13g | Protein: 6g | Carbs: 36g | Sugar: 15g | Calcium: 6% | Iron: 2.4mg | Vitamin A: 41% | Vitamin C: 47% |
I blend the milk and greens first. add the banana the avocado last as it thickens the smoothie.
I drink 1 or two green smoothies each day, always for breakfast. I see less of a spike with smoothies than eating a “traditional” meal that is supposed to be for diabetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment