ALL OF THESE ARE DEATHS PER YEAR:
- 12,000 -Unnecessary surgery
- 7,000 - Medication errors in hospitals
- 20,000 Other errors in hospitals
- 80,000 Infections in hospitals
- 106,000 NON-error, negative side effects of drugs
These total 225,000 deaths per year from iatrogenic causes! What exactly does that mean? I am glad you asked as I didn't know either till I looked it up.
It is defined as induced in a patient by a physician's activity, manner, or therapy. Used especially of a complication of treatment.
- The numbers above are derived from studies of hospitalized patients
- Secondly, these studies are from DEATHS only and do not include any negative effects that are associated with disability, or discomfort
- The estimates of death due to error are lower than those in the ICM report
A separate study concluded that between 4% and 18% of consecutive patients experience negative effects in outpatient settings with:
- 116 million extra physician visits
- 77 million extra prescriptions
- 17 million emergency dept visits
- 8 million hospitalizations
- 3 million long-term admissions
- 199,000 additional deaths
- 77 billion dollars in extra costs
I could go on and on with the numbers, however I think you get the point. You need to do some research on your own and do not eat everything that isn't nailed down, and assume your going to live a long time and be healthy without any form of daily aerobic and weight training exercises. After all, isn't that why GOD made prescription drugs? Oops! God didn't make prescription drugs and most of us are far better off taking responsibility for our own actions by eating right, eating less, getting more fiber, avoiding high glycemic refined carbs devoid of any real nutrition and getting off the couch and walking a minimum of 30 mins daily at a brisk pace, and doing some core strengthening exercises, drinking more pure water and not becoming a couch potato.
It also doesn't hurt to do some research on your own concerning your type 2 diabetes, and why you have it and explore natural cures and ways to wean yourself off prescription drugs with your diabetes clinic doctor.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.