Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Books I have read and Keep For Reference

I wanted to make some comments and share excerpts from a particular book I have read and use for reference material.

The first one is entitled, "One Son's Quest for the Cause and Cure of DIABETES", written by Dr. James Chappell and listed at the time I purchased it at $37.95 from BL Publications in MN. The book is based in part on something called the H.O.N.S.T.E.C. Syndrome as the the cause of ALL disease including type II Diabetes.

HONSTEC is an acronym  for the following

H -  Hydration or the lack there of
O - Oxygen/Tissue deprivation
N - Nutritional deficiencies and/or excesses
S - Spinal/Structural/Neurological aberrations
T - Toxic waste accumulation
E - Emotional/Energetic blocks or release
C - Creation Consciousness

A detailed explanation of this concept takes the entire chapter 2 of the book from page 23 to page 74.

On page 294, the book contains a summary of herbal compounds and trace minerals to cure diabetes.

His experience has been that there are (7) ingredients scientifically and historically proven to reverse (cure) diabetes:

1. Cinnamon
2. Bitter melon
3. Gymema sylvestre (Gurmar)
4. Nopal Catcus
5. American ginseng
6. Fenugreek
7. Chromium picolinate

There are several Internet companies that sell formulas containing some or all of these ingredients. He indicates his personal favorite as a company called "Herbal Promise" and stresses buying only organic, non-fumigated, irradiated, or genetically engineered herbs.

I have tried various combination's of these ingredients separately and in formulas sold that way, and while I see no potential harm in using them, I have had limited success with them. Early on in my diabetes, I placed an order for liquid "Nopal Cactus" and noticed it did have a positive effect on my blood glucose levels at the time.

Cinnamon  has also proven itself to lower blood glucose levels in different tests. There are a lot of mixed reviews on cinnamon's ability to affect BG readings. Even where it is shown to be effective, the benefits stop as soon as one stops taking cinnamon. This is not entirely surprising as one' glucose levels would also decline if someone eating a lot of empty calorie deserts every day suddenly stopped eating empty calorie foods. If that person then went back to eating lots of  high sugar, white flour, corn syrup, filled deserts with zero vitamins, protein, fiber etc. his or her blood sugar readings would go up again. Everything you put into your mouth has a cause and an effect on your overall health.

These 7 items are recognized as having a positive effect on one' A1C levels over time and many have been used for centuries. My personal experience is that many of the formulas for sale on the internet, do not contain enough of some of the ingredients to make much of a difference. Some of them are also quite expensive.

After seven years of dealing with diabetes, I am past looking for a combination of ingredients formula to put my diabetes in reversal.  I think the formulas have some merit, however I would put my money into serving up a big helping of steamed kale, brocclli, green beans, asparagus, spinach and other live green foods every day. Put some extra virgin olive oil on the plate of greens and enjoy. I also use some light Italian dressing for taste. When I eat a big bowl of steamed greens every day, I can see an immediate and dramatic lowering of my BG readings. My belief is that the cure and reversal of Type II diabetes, lies NOT in some magic pill. or potion, but in the willingness to change the very lifestyle and eating habits, that contributed to the manifestation of Type II diabetes in the first place. Here is a link to (1) such formula listed on the internet:

http://www.diabetes-daily-care.com/natural-diabetes-cure.html

I have NOT tried this particular formula and cannot dispute or confirm its merits, however again my personal feeling is after trying three different similar comprehensive blood sugar control formulas, that my money is better spent on green veggies, extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, flaxseed oil,RAW cashews, walnuts and pecans and one of my favorite green powdered drinks (All Day energy Greens). There are several excellent green powdered drinks on the market, many of which you simply will NOT stay with, because of the taste or lack thereof. The All Day energy Green product is flavored with stevia and is a well balanced supplement.

Next post, we will go into more detail on the importance of eating a lot of green veggies as part of your overall lifestyle changes, and review some of the theories on the cause of Type II diabetes.

Dan

Acts 5:16 "the people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits, and they were all healed."

No comments:

Post a Comment