Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Lab Work Stats 10/26/2012

As previously mentioned here are my lab work stats:

All values given below are for ADULTS and may vary considerably based on your sex and age group. The list below is an OVERVIEW only and is NOT intended to replace any professional medical opinion. When your lab work is completed, you need to sit down with your doctor and have him or her answer any questions)

A1C     7.0 - too high as I have been down to 6.4 - I have the exercise role down, need to watch the carbs more

BUN test - 11 (This test measures the nitrogen in your urine and test readings should be between 10 and 20) - it is an indicator to your doctor on KIDNEY health

Creatine 0.8  (This test is used in conjunction with the BUN test above to determine KIDNEY health. Normal levels are 0.6 to 1.2 in adult males and 0.5 to 1.2 in adult females)

GFR - Estimate >60 (Calculated Glomerular Filtration Rate - another KIDNEY function test/ Normal values are 90-120 ml/min and usually are a concern only when <60 /different criteria is used if under 18 years of age)

BUN/Creatine 13.7 ratio (Normal is considered 10-20.1) Another test for the KIDNEY function)

Sodium 139 (normal is considered 135-145 mmol/L - sodium 's role is to maintain acid base balance, transmit nerve impulses and maintain osmotic pressure)

Potassium 4.2 (Normal range for adults is 3.5 to 4.2 milliequivilents per litre mmoL/L) / potassium is an electrolyte and a mineral. HIGH potassium levels can be caused by kidney damage, injuries, burns, heart attacks or even taking too many potassium supplements or diabetic ketoacidosis)LOW potassium levels can be caused amongst other things by cystic fibrosis, alcoholism, Cushings syndrome, dehydration, malnutrition, vomiting, diarrhea, certain kidney diseases such as Barttrer's Syndrome.

Cholride 103 (Normal range is 98-107 mmol/L)

CO2 28 (normal considered18-29mEq/L) / changes in your CO2 level could mean you are losing or retaining fluid which could effect your body's electrolyte levels)

Anion Gap 12 (normal considered 8-16mEq/L) Anion GAP provides an estimation of unmeasured anions in your plasma and is useful in determining your arterial blood gas analysis)

Calcium 8.8 (Normal is considered 8.5 -10/1 mg/dL) Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body and is involved in numerous bodily functions.

LIPID PROFILE:
Cholesterol 183 (normal considered 120-200mg/dl)
Triglycerides 359 (normal is 160-231 mg/dl) Mine is HIGH and have always had a battle with this one and need to work on it. It is a measure of FAT in the blood. Years ago when I was on BOTH Lipitor and Tricor, my levels were normal however I suffered really bad side effects from that combination and they have been in the news as an extremely deadly combination. I recognize I do NEED to do more research on a natural program to drop these down below 150. There is also some evidence that high triglycerides run in my earthly gene pool)
HDL - cholesterol 31 (Normal is considered 29-83) This is the GOOD cholesterol and this is another one I struggle with. Even with all the walking, working out etc. that I do, I cannot seem to increase my HDL levels to where they need to be.)
LDL Cholesterol 80 (normal is considered 62 to 185 mg/dl so I am okay on this one)

Iodine P/S 72.8 (normal is 40-92 and my last test before getting on KELP tablets was 42) SEE several posts I have done concerning the role of IODINE in diabetes and a host of other ailments.

Testosterone, Se 248 (This one was disappointing to me and if you go to older posts in my blog concerning testosterone levels and my bad experience with Androgel, this is one I am still working on) Normal levels for an adult male would be in the 348-1197 range, however that being said at age 65 my levels are not considered dangerous. I was simply unable to tolerate the many side effects of products like Androgel.)

Other tests were run which were all in the normal range. I use these tests to take a survery on myself and determine which tests are critical to my longevity and overall health and to try and do something about them.

There are primarily (3) areas I need to research and take action on:

HDL cholesterol
Triglycerides
Testosterone

Hope this was helpful to some of you.

Dan

Mark 11:23 Jesus says, "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that these things which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith"

2 comments:

  1. You can try a natural supplement that will help lower cholesterol and triglycerides.

    http://sytrinol.net/pdf/Sytrinol-WhitePaper.pdf

    http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/sytrinol.html

    You can also try;

    http://www.pantethine.net/show/pantethine-research

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the blog. Dan

    ReplyDelete