1 ripe pear (alkaline)
handful of baby spinach (alkaline)
3 stalks of celery cut to 2 inch lengths (alkaline)
small handful of arugula lettuce (alkaline)
handful of red seedless grapes (alkaline)
1/2 mango (alkaline)
Stevia to taste
4 or 5 ice cubes
Enough ice cold water for consistency
Blend in a Vita Mixer or similar machine
I medium apple
2 baby carrots
3 stalks of celery (cut to 2 inch lengths)
handful of red seedless grapes (alkaline)
handful of baby spinach
handful of kale
one medium ripe pear
Stevia to taste
Make up your own recipe and don't be afraid to experiment. Here is a list of alkaline foods that you can experiment with. All you need to add is ice cubes, cold water and stevia to taste.
You can use in green smoothies, Parsley, baby spinach, celery, romaine lettuce, kale, carrots, barley grass, pears apples, limes, grapefruit. The CITRUS family by the way including grapefruit, oranges, tangerines, mandarins, limes and lemons are ALL ALKALINE IN YOUR SYSTEM.
Here is a LINK to Alkaline Barley Powder:
More Barley Grass Benefits
Partial List of Barley Juice Powder Benefits
- Naturally improves energy
- Rich in antioxidants
- Improves digestion & regularity
- Alkalizes the internal body
- Helps rebuild the immune system
- Provides raw building blocks for the hair, skin and nails
- Contains cleansing properties
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Promotes clear thinking
- Plus, Anti-aging properties
Barley juice contains twenty amino acids including eight essential amino acids that the body cannot produce by itself.
- Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and are thus necessary for building cells, repairing wounded tissues, and producing energy.
- Argine, contained in barley juice, is used in healing wounds, producing hormones, and normal immune functions.
- Ala nine, found in barley juice, is essential to promote healthy blood glucose from dietary protein.
- Valine, a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA), has been used in improving sleep.
- L-tyrosine has been used for appetite suppression and growth stimulation.
- For more information on amino acids, refer to
Enzymes are the spark plugs of the body. Barley juice contains a multitude of active enzymes.
- Act as a catalyst for many essential cellular reactions.
- Improve digestive.
- Provide antioxidant properties
The most well-known barley juice enzyme is superoxide dismutase (SOD). Many athletes take this well-known antioxidant to counteract the large amounts of free radicals they feel are produced by aerobic exercise.
Vitamins & Minerals
The multitude of vitamins and minerals found in young barley plants truly make it a superfood.
Vitamins found in Young Barley Juice:
Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, & K
Minerals found in Young Barley Juice:
Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Iodine, Copper, and Phosphorus
- Potassium – may help with muscle contractions and increased energy production (converts glucose into energy)
- Calcium – building block in bones and teeth; most effective in plant form; aids in digestion and metabolism; alkalizes the body
- Magnesium – essential anti-aging mineral; helps fight stress
- Iron – essential for hemoglobin production; removes carbon dioxide (an acid) from body; promotes a strong immune system
- Copper – necessary for collagen production
- Phosphorus – increases energy; repairs & rebuilds cells; promotes healthy kidney
- Manganese - aids in metabolism, healthy thyroid, and an active sex life
- Vitamin A (beta carotene & retinol) - immune system; vision; antioxidant
- Vitamin B-1 (thiamin) - beneficial for the brain; helps promote the heart’s healthy pumping powers
- Vitamin B-2 (riboflavin) – helps quicken metabolism, thus providing energy and weight loss properties
- Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) - aids in a healthy brain; helps with quick, rapid sleep
- Folic Acid – used in DNA synthesis and cellular replication; helps in the healing of wounds; builds muscle
- Pantothenic Acid - increases energy
- Zinc - promotes healthy immune system and enhances fertility in both genders
Barley juice powder helps restore the alkaline balance in the body. Human blood must remain slightly alkaline in order for red blood cells to carry their maximum oxygen load.
When the blood stream’s pH becomes more acidic (typically from a lack of green foods in one’s diet), the red blood cells cannot carry as much oxygen.
Since oxygen is the prime ingredient for turning food into useable energy., an acidic body is a tired body.
Furthermore, oxygen has been shown to fight unfriendly cell growth and harmful bacteria (Just think of everything that Hydrogen Peroxide is said to help with.)
So it stands to reason that anything that increases the blood’s oxygen levels might also have indirect effects on these issues.
Barley juice is loaded with alkalizing minerals including calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium.
In Addition, Various Studies Have Reported:
- Chlorophyll (which barley grass contains) has been shown in the lab to inhibit unfriendly cell growth.
- Extracted barley juice compounds have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
All in All
The juice of barley grass is the 21st century superfood, purported to be one of the only plants that provides every nutrient necessary for survival, including proteins, all 8 essential amino acids, highly alkalizing minerals, and a whole range of vitamins.
The point being – barley juice is the easy path to loading up on youth-enhancing, muscle-building, immune-strengthening ingredients. Just a few teaspoons mixed with juice or 10 – 20 easy-to-take tablets give your body the nutrients for a happy, healthy life.
EAT all kinds of melons including watermelon, and you can lightly steam kale, green beans and broccoli