Here is a partial list of GINGER'S benefits:
HEALTH BENEFITS ASSOCIATED
INDIA—A recent study published in the Indian Journal of Rheumatology found consuming ginger could help relieve symptoms of arthritis, reduce hypertension, and provide several other health benefits.
The researchers examined a compound called gingerol, which is found in ginger. This compound helps control blood pressure (hypertension) from going up.
The researchers analyzed past studies to find health benefits from consuming ginger other than the known relief of arthritis and control of hypertension. The researchers analyzed different benefits and came up with a list of 6 additional reasons to eat more ginger:
- Inflammation: several studies have revealed inflammatory properties of ginger. Inflammation is a root cause of many chronic diseases.
- Diabetes prevention
- Antibiotic: ginger has an antibacterial effect against infections, surpassing some antibiotics.
- Cancer: A few studies have shown ginger can help fight off cancers including, ovarian, lunch, colon, breast, prostate, and skin.
- Cholesterol: Ginger has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels and prevent blood clotting
- Morning sickness: studies have shown that ginger can reduce nausea and vomiting associated with pregnancy.
Ginger can be bought at the local supermarket and can be added to salads and stir fry dishes. If you have trouble just adding it to your meals, supplements are also readily available at local nutrition stores.
If you are interested in receiving these beneficial health benefits, you might want to consider adding ginger to your diet.