Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

More On Selenium Supplementation for Type 2 Diabetics

I have previously done several blog posts on the link between type 2 diabetes and iodine levels. These are all available on my blog for free and are available by looking at blog posts as follows:

  • 5/19/2012 The Iodine Connection and Type2 2 Diabetes
  • 6/9/2012   Have You Had Your Iodine Levels Tested?
  • 6/10/2012 Evidence of The Diabetes and Iodine Link
  • 6/10/2012 Why Only 2 Brazil Nuts a Day?
  • 6/11/2012 Iodine Supplementation / test First and Then Go Slowly
  • 6/11/2012 More On Iodine and its Value
  • 10/14/12   More Info On Iodine

As mentioned previously my iodine levels were borderline normal at (42) approximately 6 months ago. After putting myself on Kelp tablets as my iodine source my last reading was higher, however still in the safe test zone. At that point I started eating normally ONE or at the most TWO Brazil nuts every day or every other day for selenium.

I cautioned readers then to not fall into the trap of, "IF a little of this stuff is good for you, then imagine how great I will feel if I take a LOT of it."

Selenium is a trace mineral and if you are deficient in it, it can cause problems, however so can taking to much.

Jeremiah 17:14
 
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise.

Psalm 34:19
 
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

Isaiah 53:4-5
 
Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken,Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Here is a link to more information on selenium supplements and what to look out for.


http://diabetes.webmd.com/news/20070709/selenium-supplements-diabetes-risk

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment