Now it is possible to derive the health benefits from olive oil without trying to take it by the tablespoon full every day. Scientists have isolated the unique molecule in olive oil called (Oleuropein) which is a polyphenol that provides the major benefits.
- Can lower cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure (one of the best know benefits) CAUTION if you are already on blood pressure lowering prescription drugs, monitor your progress and cutting back on drugs with your doctor)
- helps prevent cancer
- Protects against oxidative damage
- Helps prevent cognitive decline
Oleuropein also provides most of the oil's antioxidant and anti inflammatory and disease fighting benefits. In fact when given to animals in a laboratory test, their tumors completely regressed and disappeared in 9 to 12 days. Olive leaf extracts such as oleuropein now show promise to extend their health benefits to include fighting atherosclerosis, DIABETES, cancer, neurodegenerative diseases and yes even arthritis.
The olive tree olea europaea) produces oleuropein abundantly in IT'S LEAVES as well as in the olive fruit itself and researchers have now found a way to extract a stable, standardized form of oleuropein.
Since this is PRIMARILY a blog concerning itself with diabetes, let's take a closer look:
in diabetics and pre-diabetics the state of chronic blood sugar elevation imposes substantial oxidative stress throughout the body, triggering inflammation and tissue damage that rapidly accelerates aging. Treatments for diabetes have two main goals:
1. Lowering blood glucose levels to normal levels
2. Limiting the damage done by the inevitable blood sugar spikes that still occur
Olive leaf extracts are showing real promise in BOTH of these areas. In animal and lab studies olive leaf extracts and oleuropein have been found to lower blood sugar through several mechanisms.
- They SLOW the digestion of starches into simple sugars
- Slow the absorption of those sugars from the intestine
- INCREASE the uptake of sugars from the blood into your tissues
- They protect tissues from the oxidant damage caused when glucose binds to proteins in the process called (glycation)
- They also increase levels of other natural antioxidant systems in the body broadening the degrees of protection
For the full article and research on olive leaf extracts, I suggest you subscribe to Life Extension Magazine from which this information was taken. This research and article appeared in the June 2013 edition of the magazine. Life Extension also sell (along with several other outlets) olive oil extract.
You can visit them at: www.lifeextension.com
I think it is absolutely fascinating that the good Lord, put elements into the earth, and plants, and trees, and grasses, and vegetables etc. to bless the nations and to provide health for those willing to study it and tap into it.
Revelation 22:2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.