Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Recent Lab Work For me

As usual I will post my actual blood lipid profile results here. Keep in mind that I am NOT on any statins or cholesterol lowering drugs, blood thinners and the like.

MY overall cholesterol (181) which is under the 200 threshold. YES, it is higher that the NEW goal of the medical profession to be at or under 100, however there is too much evidence out there, that the 100 number is actually injurious to your overall health and well being.

Don't take my word for it , here is an excerpt from one of Dr. Mercola's newsletters:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/10/making-sense-of-your-cholesterol-numbers.aspx


EXCERPT:

Your Total Cholesterol Level Is NOT a Great Indicator of Your Heart Disease Risk

Health officials in the United States urge everyone over the age of 20 to have their cholesterol tested once every five years. Part of this test is your total cholesterol, or the sum of your blood's cholesterol content, including HDL, LDLs, and VLDLs.
The American Heart Association recommends that your total cholesterol should be less than 200 mg/dL, but what they do not tell you is that total cholesterol level is just about worthless in determining your risk for heart disease, unless it is above 300.
In addition, the AHA updated their guidelines in 2004, lowering the recommended level of LDL cholesterol from 130 to LDL to less than 100, or even less than 70 for patients at very high risk.
In order to achieve these outrageous and dangerously low targets, you typically need to take multiple cholesterol-lowering drugs. So the guidelines instantly increased the market for these dangerous drugs. Now, with testing children's cholesterol levels, they're increasing their market even more

MY triglycerides went up this time around and came in at 233. Still they are lower than what they have been before and my Dad's side of the gene pool accounts for a lot of that.

MY HDL cholesterol came in at 37 which is 3 points lower than low normal. It seems no matter how much physical activity I have and what I eat, I cannot seem to get that reading up into the mid 50's or even up to over 60 mg/dl.

MY LDL cholesterol is in the OPTIMAL range at less than 100 mg/dl. I will remain happy with that.

Last but not least, MY Testosterone is at 350 which for a man about to turn 67 in 3 days isn't bad. For a while It was low and in the 240 range, so between the TESTOFEN and the FENUGREEK supplements, walking and working out, it has come up about 100 points.

My diabetes doctor is not unhappy with the overall results. I will continue to work harder on the HDL (Good cholesterol readings) and lowering the triglycerides if possible for me down below 150 mg/dl if possible.

GOD BLESS,

Dan

Remember LIFE is a journey and not a marathon.

 (Psalms 30:2 NKJV) O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.

(Proverbs 3:7-8 NKJV) Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. {8} It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment