Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

What Am I Eating And Drinking and (1) Week Glucose Readings

I wanted to do a post showing that I am not just a talking mouth piece and that I also practice what I preach. I am going to post a weeks worth of blood glucose readings with the time of day and also what I am eating and drinking lately along with exercise patterns.

Keep in mind that I am 63 years old and have no fantasies that my routine is going to make me 21 again. My goal is that it will keep me flexible, allow me to keep my mobility, protect me from injuries, and keep the ugly complications of Type 2 Diabetes from coming nigh unto my front door. The combination of aerobic and weight resistance exercise, along with my supplements, PH miracle regimen, avoiding the deadly empty calorie, high sugar  foods and prayer, I pray will keep me on the right track.

Periodically I will post my weekly or 2 or 3 day readings as some evidence of practicing what I am preaching.
Let me post my readings backwards starting this morning and going back to 5/20/11.

  • 5/28/11      (120)        4:30AM
  • 5/27/11      (118)       11:30PM
  • 5/27/11      (128)         8:15AM
  • 5/26/11      (203)       10:20PM  Before any meds and cheated (2 slices of pizza)
  • 5/26/11      (110)        7:21AM
  • 5/26/11      (110        12:01AM
  • 5/25/11      (138)       10:00PM Before any meds
  • 5/25/11      (170)        9:00AM
  • 5/25/11      (130)        4:22PM
  • 5/24/11      (157)        7:20AM
  • 5/23/11      (145)       11:20PM
  • 5/23/11      (127)         7:00AM
  • 5/21/11      (165)         8:40AM
  • 5/20/11      (123)        11:53PM
What am I drinking lately?

Every morning I take my vitamin/mineral supplements after breakfast with a scoop of All Day Energy Greens in an 8 oz glass of water. To that water I add a tablespoon of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the (Mother). I also drink 2 additional glasses of water / one at noon and one before I go to bed with ACV (apple cider vinegar)  in it.

This morning and as often as I can (it is now 11:45AM) I drink an 8 oz glass of a Vita Mixer drink I made consisting of 1/2 an apple, 2 sticks of celery, 1 carrot, 1/2 cucumber, two handfuls of baby spinach, handful of grapes, and a tablespoon of pro-biotic yogurt. I normally try and drink another glass in the early evening or late afternoon. When I have Stevia on hand, I add a packet of that to the drink. My blood pressure has improved and I have cut my blood pressure meds in 1/2. My last reading at the Joslin clinic was 120/76.

What am I eating?

I am still on the (2) packets of low sugar oatmeal with a heaping teaspoon of organic cold pressed flax seeds and a handful of blueberries for breakfast with skim milk.

The last two days I have eaten a big plate of steamed green beans and broccoli with extra virgin olive oil on it and a little ground pepper and lite Italian dressing to taste. I sometimes add or substitute kale, asparagus, etc. to avoid boredom. For protein I sometimes eat Arnold's Ancient Grain's bread or something similar with organic natural peanut butter and a little sugar free strawberry jam for taste or perhaps a piece of cheese, or chicken or fish etc.

Dinner is similar perhaps with more veggies and some sort of protein. I am considering purchasing again a can of WHEY protein and sometimes I have an Atkins protein bar for a snack.

Snacks during the morning and afternoon consist of a piece of fruit (apple, orange, 1/2 banana, pear, some mango etc.)

My old agricultural teacher back in High School Days (YES, I grew up on a farm and belonged to the FFA) was always was fond of quoting, "Variety is the spice of life". My point is, don't become so regimented that you begin to hate your food and your lifestyle, which brings on bitterness and resentment etc. which can also affect your glucose readings (see my posts on Pastor Henry Wrights book, entitled "A More Excellent Way"

Exercise:

This morning I have done 50 push ups, one set of 20 leg raises for core strength, 50 squats (20 without weights and 30 with two 20 pound dumb bells) - NOW I am going for a walk.

MY GOAL:

My short term goal is for my NEXT A1C to be around 6.5 or UNDER. My long term goal is to be under 6.0 and be off the prescription drugs. In the interim I just keep putting one foot in front of the other (literally) and doing what I know based on research WORKS.

God Bless You and have a Great Memorial Day weekend.

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell
The patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree. -Thomas Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment