Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

More on Testosterone

Why do I keep harping on testosterone? Good question. To me is is personal, however I recognize that for many type 2 diabetics out there and even those who aren't diabetic as we get older we realize it plays an important role in our bodies.

Here are some foods that have been proven to boost testosterone. They work best when combined with some heavy duty physical exercise including some weight bearing exercises (I.E. squats, bench presses, pull ups, chin ups, push ups etc.) I say that because #1, it is TRUE and #2, you will enjoy your later years if you give it your best shot to get in shape. You might be thinking that, HEY are you nuts..........I haven't done a push up or a pull up, or picked up the dumb bells etc. since high school and it wasn't my fondest memory when I did do it. That's OK. I worked my way up in less than 30 days from ZERO push ups to doing 200 a day once a week and 100 every other day. My ONLY reason for stating that is ENCOURAGEMENT. You can achieve what your mind can believe. A 1000 mile journey starts with the first step.

List of foods to help boost your body's own production of testosterone:

Eggs (hard boiled, egg salad, eggs in your salad, fried, scrambled, poached, over easy)
Steak, roast beef, hamburger, organ meats (liver)
Pistachios, peanuts, walnuts, cashews etc.
Oysters, pumpkin seeds
Cabbage contains IC3-a phytochemical shown to increase testosterone
Garlic - contains allicin (CAUTION on this one as it can interfere with some diabetic meds and other prescription drugs such as blood pressure meds)
Oats - try Quaker Oats for Breakfast
Avacado
Salmon - I LIKE canned salmon
Fruits and veggies ( I LIKE green smoothies - see blog labels on green smoothies)

Dan

“It is far more important to know what person the disease has than what disease the person has.” 
― Hippocrates

KEEP a sense of humor about things:

Did you hear about the guy who was walking down the street with one foot on the sidewalk and the other on the street? Another man observing him said, "Sir you are obviously DRUNK!"

Thank God, the man said, "I thought I was crippled"




No comments:

Post a Comment