In Europe the following countries fluoridate their water supply:
- Ireland 73%
- Serbia 3%
- Poland 1%
- The UK 11%
- Spain 11%
Japan and approximately 97% of the western Europeans nations do not fluoridate their water at all.
As of 2012, The US fluoridates approximately 70% of their water supplies. That works out to 185 million people which is over 50% of the worlds people drinking fluoridated water. At present I own my own home and have a private well so I have not been exposed to fluoride in my drinking water.
You might be thinking so what! Isn't fluoride good for you? Seems every time I visit the dentist they want to have you rinse your mouth out for over a minute with a fluoride solution, and they remind you to use a fluoride toothpaste and even the dry mouth solutions folks need because of being on certain other prescription drugs also contain fluoride. If you are on city water throughout most of the USA population centers, you are likely on fluoridated water.
Let's take a look at 50 reasons why you want to avoid fluoride:
1) Fluoride is added to drinking water as a medical treatment and is classified by the FDA as a DRUG.
2) Did anyone ask your consent to have fluoride in your public water source? What happened to informed consent? In essence communities are doing what individual doctors practicing medicine cannot do. They cannot do a procedure on you or make you take a prescription drug without your consent.
3) The individual dose is NOT controlled like a prescription drug you ingest by voluntary consent and package labeling. The simple reason is that some drink a LOT MORE WATER and therefore ingest a lot more fluoride than others.
4) Fluoride in the public water system goes to EVERYONE regardless of their age, health condition or vulnerability.
5) People are ingesting a lot more fluoride than they think. NOT ONLY are they getting it without consent in their drinking water, shower and bath water etc., food and drinks that are processed with fluoridated water, 99% of all mouthwashes, toothpaste, rinses for dry mouth, mechanically deboned meat, tea, pesticide residues on food, THINK ABOUT IT!
6) Fluoride is not food, and it is not an essential nutrient. No disease, not even tooth decay is caused by a fluoride deficiency. Not a single biological process in your body requires or demands fluoride.
7) The level of fluoride in mother's milk for breast fed babies is remarkably low. (O.004 ppm NRC, 2006.
8) Fluoride accumulates in the body. Healthy adult kidneys excrete 50-60% of ingested each day. The remainder accumulates in the body, calcifying tissues such as bones and the penal gland.
9) NO health agency in any fluoridated countries is monitoring fluoride exposure or side effects. Remember you are ingesting unregulated amounts of fluoride from water, pesticide residues, foods and drinks, dental products etc. and no testing is being done of any kind to determine side effects.
10) REMEMBER not one single randomized controlled trial to test fluoride's safety or effectiveness has EVER BEEN DONE. Read that one again.
11) Any possible benefit of fluoride is topical and NOT systemic, ergo drinking fluoridated water has no possible benefit for the reason communities add it to the water supply to begin with. I didn't make this up. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC 1999, and 2001 acknowledged this.
12) I love this one. Fluoridation is NOT necessary. Most western nations that do not use fluoridation in their water have experienced the SAME DECLINE in childhood dental decay as those who do fluoridate their water.
13) The role of fluoridation in the decline of tooth decay is in serious doubt. A very large survey conducted in the U.S. by the National Institute of Dental Research involving 39,000 children from 84 communities showed VERY little difference in tooth decay between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities.(Hileman 1989).
14) NIH funded study on fluoride ingestion and tooth decay found NO SIGNIFICANT CORRELATION.
15) Tooth decay is HIGH in low income communities that have been fluoridated for years.
16) Tooth decay does NOT go up when fluoridation is stopped.
17) Tooth decay was coming down when fluoridation was started.
18) The original studies that were launched fluoridation were essentially flawed. (De Stefano 1954; Sutton 1959;1960, & 1966; (Ziegelbecker 1970)
19) Children are being over exposed to fluoride.
The fluoridation program has massively failed to achieve one of its key objectives, i.e., to lower dental decay rates while limiting the occurrence of dental fluorosis (a discoloring of tooth enamel caused by too much fluoride.
20) The highest doses of fluoride are going to bottle-fed babies. Because of their sole reliance on liquids for their food intake, infants consuming formula made with fluoridated water have the highest exposure to fluoride, by body weight, in the population.
There are 30 other reasons listed in the article which I will list some of them here:
Lower IQ, damage the brain, may cause non-IQ neurotic effects, can affect the penal gland, can affect thyroid function, can cause arthritic symptoms, damage bones, increase hip fractures in the elderly, folks with impaired kidney function are particularly vulnerable to bone damage, can cause reproductive problems.
Some individuals highly sensitive to low levels of fluoride report fatigue, head aches, rashes and stomach and gastro-intestinal tract problems which DISAPPEAR when they avoid fluoride in water and diet.
People that are more vulnerable to fluorides toxicity include infants, DIABETICS, those who already suffer from malnutrition and Blacks and Hispanic children
Chemicals used to fluoridate water are NOT PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE and they largely come from wet scrubbing systems of the phosphate fertilizer industry.
Fluoride may also leach LEAD from pipes, brass fittings and soldered joints.
HERE IS A LITTLE MORE FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
IF YOU SUFFER FROM ARTHRITIS, JOINT PAIN ETC. AND you use a fluoride toothpaste, mouthwash with fluoride in it, and/or drink fluoridated water from a community water supply and also suffer from arthritic skeletal symptoms and brittle bones or are diagnosed with arthritis, you may want to look at these links:
For the complete article see: